The Office of the General Minister and President
of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
is searching for an
This position reports to the Executive Director of Week of Compassion
- Donor Relations:
- Provide customer service with speed, accuracy and professionalism related to questions regarding Week of Compassion;
- Manage projects ensuring work is completed accurately and timely;
- Pro-actively communicate with general ministries, regions, congregations, donors and OGMP staff members;
- Record and acknowledge individual gifts; and
- Create and manage database of donors and offering resources.
- Administrative Assistant to the Executive Director and Week of Compassion staff
- Provide secretarial services including: routing mail, managing the office filing system, fielding phone calls, and managing messages;
- Process paperwork related to grants, emergency response funds, etc.;
- Code and submit bills for payment;
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with OGMP staff, in particular Treasury Services;
- Partner with other ministries of the church vital to Week of Compassion ministry, such as the Christian Church Foundation;
- Attend the bi-annual meetings of the Week of Compassion Committee and coordinate documents, information, and meeting minutes.
- Send out Week of Compassion Email Updates and maintain the website and Facebook page; and
- Maintain awareness of world events that Week Compassion responds to.
- Event Planning
- Coordinate the locations, logistics, and arrangements for Week of Compassion meetings and General Assembly presence; and
- Support the Executive Director and Week of Compassion staff in the planning and execution of Week of Compassion’s presence at denominational and ecumenical gatherings, including onsite presence during some events.
The successful candidate will have excellent proof reading skills; will be proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel; knowledge of Constant Contact, Squarespace and donor database; ability to work with technology and adapt easily to new environment; be able to work with colleagues in a virtual setting; have strong verbal and written communication skills; have solid organizational skills; have the ability to work in a team environment; and be a self-starter.
For more information or to submit a confidential resume please contact:
Rev. Vy T. Nguyen, Executive Director for Week of Compassion
Compensation for this part-time, hourly, and non-exempt position
is commensurate with experience.
The Office of the General Minister and President is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to make all personnel decisions without discriminating on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national or ethnic origin, and any other protected status. This search is being conducted within the guidelines of the executive search process of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).