Putting your Compassion into Action, our partners at IMA World Health are on the cutting edge of responding to critical health issues worldwide. Widely respected for their efficient management of complex programs that fight disease and meet the health care needs of vulnerable and marginalized people, IMA engages in important global work, including:
· Sending Essential Medicines and Supplies where they are needed most, often following natural disasters or violent conflict.
· Targeting preventable and treatable diseases in the developing world and working toward eradication.
· Building local capacity and developing sustainable health care programs that will continue to succeed long after IMA involvement ends.
· Developing and strengthening health systems in vulnerable or conflict-ridden nations.
· Supporting development of health information systems in order to help health care providers in developing countries track and interpret data, facilitating better, more comprehensive care.
Since 2012, Week of Compassion has not only supported this critical work, but we have partnered with IMA to support the We Will Speak Out campaign, which addresses gender-based violence (GBV) world-wide. In conflict-ridden countries, GBV often becomes a weapon of war, and leaves in its wake searing public health needs, including physical, mental, and reproductive health needs. By raising awareness of this issue, We Will Speak Out bridges advocacy and health care for the women and children vulnerable during conflict.
Thank you for your continued support of this incredible, life-changing work. When you put your Compassion into Action, you support life-changing, life-giving work that meets critical public health needs.
Thank you—from our partners, and from all of us at Week of Compassion!