Wine to Share: Water for All
What if a fun evening out with friends could make a difference?
What if you could help a community build wells, cisterns or create a clean water delivery or hygiene system? What if you could learn about water initiatives while sharing a glass of wine and waiting for your favorite local band to play?
Week of Compassion has launched Wine to Share: Water for All, an initiative to support global water projects.
If you’re looking for a unique, fun way to get your church involved in supporting water initiatives, consider holding a wine and cheese tasting, a happy hour, or a sit-down dinner as a fundraiser.
Churches, large and small, from the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) are partnering with local merchants, enlisting local musicians, and becoming advocates in their own communities for clean water in places such as Africa, Asia, and the Middle East.
Wine to Share: Water for All is designed to encourage the creativity of congregations, as well as promote and support clean water and water-related justice issues. You know the resources in your church and community. We can help provide you with advocacy and educational resources, as well as connect you with a project for you to support with your event.
For more ideas or to host your own
Wine to Share: Water for All fundraiser please contact: email@example.com
Who HAS Participated?
- First Christian Church, Paris, TN
- Geist Christian Church, Indianapolis, IN
- Saint Paul Christian Church, Raleigh, NC
- University Christian Church, Ft. Worth, TX
- Plymouth Creek Christian Church, Plymouth, MN
- First Christian Church, Baton Rouge, LA
- Campus Compassion-Barton College, Wilson, NC
- Heart of the Rockies Christian Church, Fort Collins, CO
- First Christian Church, Columbia, MO
- First Christian Church, North Kansas City
- Lake Washington Christian Church, Kirkland, WA
- Central Christian Church, Brentwood Christian Church, South Street Christian Church, National Avenue Christian Church, Springfield, MO