Thank you for your interest in volunteering!
By serving in a community affected by disasters, you help transform suffering into hope. Week of Compassion has many active opportunities to serve, and more in development. Disaster Recovery Volunteer Grants are available if assistance is needed with registration or travel costs to serve at these sites. If you are interested in a location that is not listed, please email us. We are always happy to help make connections with other partners!
Read more below about our active work sites, including location info, age and supervision requirements, provisions and fees, and lodging and meal options:
Photos courtesy Week of Compassion and ecumenical partners.
An historic tornado outbreak on December 10, 2021, caused severe damage in multiple communities across western Kentucky.
We are partnering with multiple organizations to receive volunteers for home repair and rebuild. Most teams serve a full week: arriving Sunday and working Monday through Friday; other schedules can be accommodated as calendars allow.
○ First Christian Church, Princeton is hosting CrossRoads Missions
- intergenerational teams welcome
- maximum group size: 36
- no registration fee
- some meals included
○ First Christian Church, Paducah is hosting International Orthodox Christian Charities
- minimum age: 18
- maximum group size: 12
- $450 registration fee/week (for shorter work periods, registration is prorated)
- all meals and local transport included
○ First Christian Church, Madisonville is hosting Fuller Center Disaster Rebuilders
- minimum age: 16
- maximum group size: 20
- $125 registration fee
- one dinner included
Comments are closed.