Job Title MANAGING DIRECTOR, DOMESTIC OPERATIONS
Department Office of General Minister and President
Supervised by Executive Director of Week of Compassion
Job Classification Full Time, Exempt
download a PDF of this job description
The Managing Director plays a crucial role in furthering the mission of Week of Compassion. This person will oversee the day-to-day activities of the organization, coordinating with our team to run all operations, ensuring that the organization is managed and performing efficiently and effectively, to advance our mission of working with partners to alleviate suffering throughout the world. In this role you will have the opportunity to see the direct impact of the church coming together and making positive changes around the world.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
● Strategy and Integration
○ Implement vision and mission of the organization through close partnership with the Executive
○ Coordinate communication and information flow among and between key stakeholders:
board members, general ministry colleagues, and staff.
● Staff Supervision
○ Strategize and collaborate with staff as it relates to domestic operations.
○ Work with staff to develop individual goals and objectives.
○ Conduct annual staff evaluation of the established goals and objectives.
● Communication and Development Oversight
○ Work with the Communications and Development Manager to build and manage comprehensive
○ Lead staff to develop process improvement to overall operations of fundraising programs.
○ Develop with staff a strategic communication plan beyond existing resources.
○ Support the development of campaigns and communication materials around programs and services.
● Team Leader
○ Create a cohesive work environment through day-to-day tasks and conduct effective staff meetings
with team members in remote locations.
○ Foster a collaborative environment where team members are encouraged to share information.
○ Develop and mentor staff members.
● Develop and implement policies and procedures to improve day-to-day operations.
● Create an environment that enables the staff to succeed.
● Assess current operational processes and performance, recommending solutions for improvement
● Create a system of shared communication on all ongoing projects.
● Other tasks as needed.
● 7+ years of success leading a multi staff ministry/organization.
● Experience with a variety of fundraising techniques.
● Technical proficiency; website and video editing experience.
● Ability to collaborate with team members and work successfully in a remote setting.
All the duties and standards of this position will be performed according to established policies, procedures and guidelines within the Office of the General Minister and President and the wider church.
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required for the position and is subject to review and change at any time in accordance with the needs and priorities of the ministry. The duties for a specific position with this title will be defined and assigned by the immediate supervisor.
This position may be remote.
The salary is commensurate with experience, and includes:
○ For clergy, salary/housing, with a social security allowance
○ 14% pension fund contribution (on top of salary/housing)
○ Health care insurance
○ Paid vacation/sick time
Applications will be accepted through November 10, 2023, and should include a letter of intent and resume. Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read the job description closely, and if there are additional questions regarding this position, please direct them to Rev. Vy Nguyen.
The Office of the General Minister and President is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
It is our policy to make all personnel decisions without discriminating on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, disability,
veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national or ethnic origin, and any other protected status.