Thank you for your interest in volunteering!
By serving in a community affected by disasters, you help transform suffering into hope. Week of Compassion has many active opportunities to serve, and more in development. Disaster Recovery Volunteer Grants are available if assistance is needed with registration or travel costs to serve at these sites. If you are interested in a location that is not listed, please email us. We are always happy to help make connections with other partners!
Read more below about our active work sites, including location info, age and supervision requirements, provisions and fees, and lodging and meal options:
Photos courtesy Week of Compassion and ecumenical partners.
Flooding in the summer of 2022 damaged thousands of homes across multiple counties in eastern Kentucky.
Week of Compassion is working with Housing Development Alliance and Appalachian Service Project to receive volunteers for home repairs.
○ Housing Development Alliance (HDA)
- minimum age : 14 (accompanied by a parent/guardian)
- single-day, weekend, and week-long opportunities
- volunteers bring own cots/air mattresses and bedding
- no registration fee
○ Appalachian Service Project (ASP)
- minimum age : 11 (2 adults for every 5 minors)
- all meals included
- volunteers arrive Sunday, work Monday through Friday, and depart Saturday
Comments are closed.